Our training series continues with ESRI Academy’s online GIS Fundamentals Course.
Recommended Course: Free GIS Course from ESRI Academy
The course, GIS Fundamentals, includes 9 courses, and 7 of them are totally free!
Recommended Article: For Beginners: What is GIS?
As the course description says “Location, location, location.”, this course-plan is a good start to understand key concepts that underlie GIS technology and get started making GIS maps.
With this online course-plan, you will be able to:
- Explore common data models used to represent real-world features and phenomena in a GIS,
- Discover how a GIS accurately maps feature locations,
- Add data to a GIS map, symbolize map features, and access information about map features,
- Answer questions using GIS analysis tools and share GIS maps on the web.
7 courses that are free in the course-plan are:
- The Power of Maps – 50 Mins
- GIS Basics – 2 Hours 35 Mins
- ArcGIS Online Basics – 1 Hour 50 Mins
- ArcGIS Pro Basics – 50 Mins
- Getting Started with Data Management – 1 Hour 25 Mins
- Getting Started with Mapping and Visualization – 1 Hour 15 Mins
- Getting Started with Spatial Analysis – 1 Hour 10 Mins