Gexcel introduced the new HERON® MS Twin: a double Lidar sensor portable mobile mapping system, equipped with a 5K RGB panoramic camera. Thanks to its advanced hardware and software technology, the users can benefit from a very high-level performance in terms of the geometric robustness of 3D models.
For more detailed information about Gexcel, please review the article “Meet Gexcel in 10 Quick Questions”.
Key points of usability:
- Compact capture head easily mountable on a backpack or various supports like cars, bikes, quads, etc.
- Light rugged backpack usable both for transportation and surveying.
- Automatic and on-demand RGB data acquisition.
- Loop closure and initialization procedure not required.
- Automatic self-localization on a reference model, when available.
- Annotation collection during the walk.
- Usable in every light condition.
- Hands-free surveying.
- Real-time display of panorama images, 3D point cloud, and trajectory on the rugged Control Unit.
Key points of data processing:
- SLAM post-processing software (HERON® Desktop) included. The automatic advanced processing tools can be also personally set up by the user.
- New trajectory quality assessment which improves the SLAM drift effects reduction (patented algorithm).
- Innovative very dense point cloud rendering with multiple color layers.
- Static scans are usable as trajectory constraints (patented algorithm).
- Innovative panorama tool to directly export images and 3D data in ReCap® (with Realview® display) and in E57 to easily go to OrbitGT, Edgewise®, FARO® Scene, and Scene Webshare Cloud.
- New ‘splat rendering’ and ‘eye dome lighting’ rendering effect. Features and details are emphasized and well visible.
- GoBlueprint free tool to share the survey results with final clients or colleagues included.
- Advanced 3D point cloud data analysis software included (Reconstructor®).
- Dedicated tools to navigate 3D models.
- Real-time change detection.
Thanks to these advanced features, HERON® MS Twin is the perfect system for surveyors who works indoors, outdoors, in underground mines, multi-level buildings, tunnels, cultural heritage sites, forensic procedures, forests, urban areas, harsh and complex areas.
HERON® MS Twin can make the user able to obtain several outputs from collected data: volume computation, excavation progress monitoring, digital archive, construction progress monitoring, floor plans generation for asset management, logistic/traffic management, dilapidation monitoring, scan to BIM, contours and profiles, 3D virtual experience, real-time change detection, as-built generation, security and safety, and much more.
Source: Gexcel Media